Sunday 17 January 2016

Back on Folksy

Last week I published my New Year's Resolution - to give my knitting design all I've got this year, hopefully so I can go part time at my "real" job. So I've re-opened my Folksy shop, for non-brits, Folksy is the UK's version of Etsy. I stopped posting in my Folksy shop a few years ago since it wasn't really bringing in that many sales, but this year I'm going to try to turn that around. Here's how it's looking now:


folksy, craft, online shop, knitting patterns

I've got 15 patterns and an ebook listed so far, which is about half my "pay-for" patterns. I should hopefully get all the rest uploaded this week. Here's a link to the shop if you want to have a wee peek, I would absolutely appreciate any "likes" until it all gets up and running properly! 

I've also resolved to start submitting patterns to magazines, rather than just publishing everything myself. I can be a bit of a hermit, and I reckon this is a good way to get the word out about my work. Here's a few pictures of swatches for the patterns I've been submitting:

cable knitting pattern swatch

It's a cabled hat pattern with short row shaping the make the brim cover your ears properly. I've been out mountain biking lately and while the cold wind was whipping about my ears this seemed like a particularly good idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment